Job Type: CONTRACTOR
Category: Overseas missions
Job Title: Field Coordinator (H/F) – Nimroz, Afghanistan
Organization: Solidarités International (SI)
Contract Type: Short term contract
Desired Start Date: June 2023
Duration of Mission: 12 months
Location: Nimroz, Afghanistan
About the Organization:
– SI is a humanitarian organization that provides aid to populations affected by armed conflicts and natural disasters
– Specializes in providing expertise in access to drinking water, sanitation and hygiene promotion, as well as food security and livelihoods.
– Present in about twenty countries with over 2500 staff; intervenes with professionalism while respecting cultural norms.
About the Mission:
– The organization has resumed its program in Afghanistan.
– Launched exploratory missions in Nimroz and Farah provinces.
– In 2022, SI implemented food security and WASH programs and aim at scaling them up in 2023.
– Currently has a total of 70 employees (4 international employees) with an annual budget of 2m euro.
– In 2023, the budget should be around €6 million, while the team should grow to 150 employees.
About the Job:
Representation & Communication:
– Official representative for SI in intervention zones for NGOs, administrative/policy/government authorities & local civil society groups.
– Participate in humanitarian forums/coordination meetings.
– Responsible for teams’ safety & property under CD’s supervision.
-Monitors security situation; ensures it is understood by teams.
-Conducts geopolitical/security briefing for new hires.
-Updates all documents/procedures relating to security regularly.
Strategic Orientation / Operation Monitoring:
-Monitors/hr/political/cultural/social/economic context within intervention zone; propose/develop operational strategy
-Monitoring coordination of programs implemented within his/her intervention zone.
-Spearhead staff recruitment efforts/review overall operations.
-Promotes SI’s values/ethics.
-Monitors the implementation of Solidarités International’s human resources policy and procedures.
-Propose the human, financial and logistical scale for his/her intervention zone.
Main Priorities (First Three Months):
-Manage relationships with local authorities at province level.
-Update base Security pack & ensure its enforcement.
-Recruit, brief, and support new field team.
-Supervise opening of base: Renting premises/car fleet etc.
-Make sure activities are timely & qualitatively started/implemented in line with project proposal/SI/donor standards and requirements.
-Foster network building with organizations based in the area.
-Generalist background / Political Science or cursus developing context analysis skills.
-2 years of experience in a similar position (Field Coordinator).
-Proven experience on security management in complex environment
-Humanitarian/context analysis experience
-HR management experience
-Proven experience in external representation in sensitive environments
-Mastering project cycle management
-Negotiation & diplomatic skills
-Capacity to adapt to the environment
-Training & capacity-building skills
Fluent English speaker; however Dari or Pashto would be an advantage.
-A salaried position estimating gross €2860 per month (includes base salary €2600 + 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly).
-Monthly Per Diem given on the mission.
-SI covers travel expenses between expatriate’s country of origin/place assignment, insurance package which covers all healthcare expenses including war risks such as vaccination & antimalarial treatments costs refunded)
-The Field Coordinator will live in a shared guesthouse with other international staffs. Living conditions are often harsher (limited access to electricity, harsh weather conditions, isolation etc.)
-Living conditions are quite fair in Kabul.
-Security is a concern; co-ordination from HQ for travel/restrictions during missions.
CV & Cover Letter required
Applications without both requirements will not be considered, vacancy may close before the deadline.